Well, maybe if the teams I wanted to won...but having basketball almost everyday is good enough for me.
With the exception of a few blowouts, I'm very much enjoying the Playoffs. I wish the officials wouldn't call so many technicals, or just fouls in general...it's the Playoffs after all. But then again, it is the NBA. I gotta say tho, I have been luvin some of the hard fouls. Like Brad Miller's foul today on Kendrick Perkins definitely brought a smile to my face. Warmed my heart, even. And Big Baby's flop was just another one the C's command performances. I mean, it's right up there with Rondo being hoisted off the court a few days earlier. A leg injury. Oops. I mean ankle injury. I mean, knee injury. Hmm...it's so hard to remember what your injury was when it's totally not legit. I wish there was a bet I could place on how many "injuries" the Celtics will sustain in this year's playoffs.
I like how the Bulls are making the Celtics work...not happy about the Mavs...somewhat disappointed in the Spurs...wish that Philly would get it together, they have potential, but I passing lessons are in order...happy with the Cavs (for now)...frustrated with Houston...somewhat surprised with the Magic...impressed with D Wade...and little underwhelemd with the Hawks...quietly cheering for CP, but that's only cause I'm still hating the Nuggets, Blazers and the Jazz...of course luvin the Lakers.
But for reasons beyond my understanding, I guess we all can't be Laker fans...
Such hostility. He will stay unnamed for protection purposes. I was just sharing the score too...and this is the thanks I receive...
In between games, I managed to find this super yummy sandwich spot in Newport Beach, Cest Si Bon. I think what really sets this place apart is the amazingly delicious bagettes they use. The bread is made throughout the day and is the perfect balance of crispy crust and soft interior. Best of all, it's not overly bready. It's amazing...like the Lakers.
Oh, and did I mention the chocolate croissant? I luv anything buttery and flaky and filled with chocolate.
Mike (Fab Fiver) introduced me to Kean Coffee...so I of course had to check it out.
Yummy and pretty latte art. The left is a honey vanilla latte and the other is a Turkish cafe latte infused with cardamom. Amazing coffee. Some of the best I've had.
And what would the weekend be without cooking? Here's what was happening in the kitchen.
Yippee Yi Yo mini sirloin burgers...
Well, these are actually half beef, half buffalo mini burgers with havarti, balsamic mayo, caramelized onions, tomato and argula. The balsamic mayo was just a reduction of balsamic vinegar and sugar, and the caramelized onions took forever...but so worth it. I really liked the extra beefy flavor from the buffalo. Definitely recommend going half and half with the beef. And mini. So cute! All I need are some mini cowboy back up singers.
Three words. Chocolate. Almond. Buttercrunch Toffee. Ok that's four. But buttercrunch and toffee go together. Sooooo amazing. I have hidden this in my fridge because I couldn't stop snacking on it. The combo of the toasted almonds, chocolate and toffee...and the crunchiness!
And back to basketball tomorrow. Have I mentioned that I l-o-v-e this game?
No comments:
Post a Comment