But I especially love the Playoffs. Because, I feel like everything matters. I've never really subscribe to the belief that losing one game is "just one game". And I'm pretty sure the players don't either. That's loser talk. To me, every game counts in the Playoffs, and that always brings rivalries and hard feelings to the surface. Which makes the games that much more exciting.
There were a few surprises...both happy and sad. Happy that the Lakers won...overjoyed to be exact and that the Rockets totally blew out the Blazers at home. Especially with Brandon Roy calling himself the "Yellow Mamba" because you know...he's yellow. To that, I have this to say to him: Look buddy, I'm yellow...Yao is yellow...you are not yellow nor a mamba...nor does such a snake exist.
Even Blazer fans can't get behind this. Here's what one has to say:
"I like your anti Kobe sentiments. I agree that we as fans should come up with something better and give B-Roy our own cool nickname, however when someone does let me know. I will continue referring to him as B-Roy since ‘yellow mamba’ is just too darn unoriginal. Couldn’t he even be yellow sour patch kid? Yellow SPK. He’s hella sweet if he’s on your team, but leaves a bad taste in everyone else’s mouth with his awesome play."
Yellow Sour Patch Kid. Seriously? Yellow Mamba's not sounding so bad after all...
But it wasn't all peachy. The Mav's won. At San Antonio. I don't want to talk about it.
Aside from it being the start of the Playoffs, this weekend was also about Earth Day. The Lost Bean in Tustin celebrated with 50% off coffee...and freshly made crepes!
Straberry and Nutella crepe with an iced hazelnut latte. Such a good start to the Playoffs.
Check out these gorgeous roses. I luv how they're all bunchy like crumpled tissue paper.
Fusilli with spicy pesto. I just luv the little mozzarella balls. So buttery.
Chocolate, mint and hazelnut cookies. Straight from my shiny new cookbook, Urban Italian. And no, you can't have enough cook books. These chocolate cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious, undoubtedly due to the crazy amount of chocolate and almost absent amount of flour. The peppermint extract give these cookies a refreshing kick at the end, and the ground hazelnuts add richness. The recipe calls for almonds...which I didn't have on hand. But, hazelnuts and chocolate just sounded so much better anyway.
Pretty yummy, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment