Well, let's just say there was not much PV, FV, NPV blah blah going on here. There was however, basketball to watch and cookies and kabobs to make.
Which is unfortunate. Especially considering a very dismal Finance midterm I took tonight. Callable bonds? Huh?
Potato, potatoe.
The conclusion of March Madness is a happy-sad ending. And yet, mostly sad. My picks were laughable and now there's one less sporting event to look forward to. But, on the other hand, I can once again fully focus my attention on the Lakers. I feel that I have neglected them this past month, and I feel terribly about that.
And in Laker news, The Machine dunked on one of the Kings last night. I thought I'd never see the day. Neither did Kobe. Says he's seen it all, and can retire now. Ohhh Kobe. Amazing player and a sense of humor.
But I didn't watch basketball the whole weekend when I should've been studying. Although I could have. There just wasn't enough games to watch. I did manage to occupy my time by cooking...of course.
Before heading to the finance review session (about the only studying I did that weekend), I made some white chocolate chip and hazelnut cookies, which were pretty good. So much so in fact, that I forgot to take a picture! Well, that and I was rushing to go to the review session. Who knew that ground white chocolate could make cookies so moist and delicious? I like chunkies in my cookies, so I tossed in some chopped cranberries (to pair with the orange zest), chopped toasted hazelnuts and some extra white chocolate chunks.
And for dinner, I decided to experiment with these lamb kabobs. What started off as a Middle Eastern themed dinner slowly turned Greek. Initially, I followed the recipe...ground pistachios, lots of sumac, cumin, thyme. And then I felt like making a tzaziki sauce...and then I wanted to have all this in a grilled pita bread. And then I decided to grill up some Meyer lemons.
I luv my grill pan. It's like having a grill, but not really.
These lamb kabobs were surprisingly tasty and well seasoned, and the ground pistachios gave it an interesting texture. The tzaziki definitely helped, too.
And now that that silly finance midterm is out of the way, I can cook and not feel at all guilty about it.
Candied peanuts. A semi-failure. For some reason, I couldn't get the sugar/water to caramelize properly, hence the non-bronze color. I feel as if I should call these "lightly sugared peanuts". They taste ok, not as crunchy as I would like, but not bad. I just wish had a better tan to them. I imagined them to be more golden and Hawaiian in color...not pasty pale Asian. Oh well.
The candied...I mean lightly sugared peanuts were for these Rice Krispy treats. This particular recipe called for the peanuts as well as white chocolate. I can't say that I like these any more that the traditional treats. The white chocolate is nice, but it does just add sweetness. Sort of one-dimensional, in my opinion. I guess I'm just a purist.
Homemade Cheez Its! With Gruyere! My fav thing of the night. I was a little...ok...very heavy handed with the cayenne. One of those culinary "oh sh*t" moments...but eh...that's the way the cookie crumbles. These were so fun and easy to make that I'm already thinking of different iterations on this recipe.
This is infinitely better than finance. Round 1 goes to futten around...until midterm grades are received. Hopefully my NPV is positive. See? I learned something.
No comments:
Post a Comment