Monday, March 30, 2009

Tweet Tweetly-Tweet

He rocks in the treetop all day long
Hoppin and a-boppin and singing his song
All the little birds on J-Bird street
Love to hear the robin going tweet, tweet, tweet

Remember this song from elementary school?

Well, tweeting is back and more popular than ever. So much so that even the NBA's getting in on this. I can't say I understand this whole tweeting business. First, why? Can't you do the same thing on Facebook. Second part of why...why would you want people to know what you're doing every second/why would you want to know what others are doing every second? And most importantly...who cares?

Well, apparently lots of people (lots and lots). Some dude from the Bucks was reprimanded by his coach for tweeting in the half...Shaq has to of course follow up with a tweet of his own...hoping to be caught. Side note: Shaq seems to be stuck in a 5-year-old copy cat mentality...but that's for another post at another time. And now, Mark Cuban. But this one is great because he actually got fined $25,000 for trash-tweeting a ref following the Mav's loss to Cleveland. What a cry baby.

Instead of joing Twitter and tweeting about my daily existence, I have been baking. Surprise, I know. Some of my latest endeavors include (and in no particular order)...



Mini strawberry turnovers. I was somewhat underwhelmed by these initially, but they were quite tasty the next day. The filling was just strawberries and sugar, but I decided to splash in some balsamic vinegar for fun.



Check out this mutant strawberry! Yikes!



Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Made infinitely better with the addition of mini peanut butter cups! I used milk chocolate chips to be more like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I especially enjoyed rolling these in sugar. A nice touch.



Grilled veggie mezzaluna ravioli. I was a ravioli making machine for 3o minutes for these little dudes. I also made an arugula-pistachio pesto to go with these. I really enjoyed the nuttiness/richness of the pistachios with the peppery/clean arugula. And! I managed to find some Meyer lemons at the market for the pesto.



Pistachio cookies waiting to be baked. I used my ice cream scoop for these. I think everyone should have one. Such uniformity.



Mmm...pistachio cookies. I have to say...these are perhaps one of my favorite cookies I've made so far. It's soft in the center and crispy on the outside. And the pistachio flavor is subtle...and they are so fragrant. And cute!

I'm actually sending these to my mom. Perhaps the biggest pistachio fan I know.

1 comment:

Maryn said...

mmm heaven!! where do all these baked goods GO?

did you hear about shaq's twitter story where he tweeted in a bar, "i think i am among some fellow tweeters, please present yourselves"?!?! ha ha ha