Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bracketology 101

Why didn't UCI offer useful classes like this one?

At least this could've made me some money in this sour economy. Potentially.

I guess if you saw my picks, you'd say potentially not. And I couldn't blame you. My picks are based on mascot and personal feelings. Sure-fire things like that. Clarice - etology, if you will.

As many of you know, I don't follow college sports. At all, really. I'm more of a pro sports, NBA, NFL sort of person. Yes, I know the officiating is questionable and frustrating, but it's so much more exciting to me. I like getting to know the players and coaches and reading about them on Yahoo! sports on a daily basis. You don't hear about college players shooting themselves in the leg...or tweeting during the half.

And it's just not the same with college.

But this is March Madness. Game Time.

Even though I don't know any of these teams, I become both emotionally and financially attached to my picks. Which makes it so exciting!

So, I made two brackets. And I need to admit, one is totally not legit...with Missouri winning it all. Don't ask me how that happened. So after getting laughed at, it was back to the drawing board. And after some copious research (I would be nothing withouth Yahoo! sports and ESPN), I devised what I think is a semi-respectable (and possible) bracket. Louisville is my pick for this one.

The Barack-etology picks UNC. They're not even in my Final Four. What does he know, anyway.

1 comment:

Maryn said...

I would leave a relevant comment except I barely know what March Madness is :)