Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lakers Luv

It's everywhere.

Even in Newport Beach courthouses. Actually, especially in Newport Beach courthouses.

My fav Kobe Bryant had jury duty today. And my question is...why not next month?? I have jury duty next month! Oh well. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

According to TMZ, here's what went down between Kobe and the judge:

Judge: "What do you do for a living?"
Kobe: "I play professional basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers"
Judge: "Go Lakers!"

I couldn't have said it better myself. Go Lakers!

He also asked Kobe why he would be a good juror, to which Kobe responded that he's a "good listener". And then he went on to inquire about Kobe's relationship with the police, Kobe said that his "team of security guards are comprised mostly of police officers". He's so wonderful.

In sharp contrast, I have officially given up on The Lakers Nation. I read this blog only occasionally, and I don't take anything on here too seriously. But today was the last straw when I saw this posted:

The Ghost

Opened up his little heart
Unlocked the lock that kept it dark
And read a written warning
Saying ‘ Im still mourning
Over ghosts that broke my heart before I met you’

- Laura Marling

A poem??? Are you kidding me?? This is basketball!!!

Anyway, "the ghost" here is Lakers' devestating loss to the hated Celtics in The Finals last season. Are we all hurting from that? Of course. Dude, we're all hurten from that...so stop bringing it up! Especially via poetry!

This guy is making all these wacky correlations about the Lakers loss to the hated Celtics to their recent losses in the current season.

From The Lakers Nation:

It is fairly clear to me that they have the Ghost of Last June lingering over them each and every night. And it is manifesting itself in the form of blown leads, defensive regression, poorly executed offensive sets, etc.

In truth, this specter is just the enormous weight of actually achieving the greatness they simply stumbled upon last year pressing down upon them.

That is what Jordan’s misplaced cockiness and swagger is.

That is why Little Sash can’t shoot anymore.

That is why Andrew went down again. It was destiny. My friend Tim says that there is an “impression that because they lost without him, he’s the ONLY answer.” This is not true. They need to prove to themselves that they were always capable of greatness…even without their so-called “cornerstone”.

Little Sash? Give me a break.

I don't know about this dude's claims. I want to see a scatterplot matrix. A histogram. Any leverage points? What would Ansari say?

Where's the evidence?

No comments: