You may recall a previous entry regarding my trespassing adventure through the unimaginably large home in Wailuku Heights.
Apparently, this is big news on little Maui.
Yesterday, The Maui News (We're BIG on Maui...and yes, that's really their slogan) reported that the owners of this home/mansion/estate and now supposed tree farm...will be using their home to grow Koai'a trees.
Really.

300 of these...in 20 years!
I'm sure the fact that their land being agriculturally zoned as absolutely nothing to do with it. Hmm...
I have actually never heard of the Koai'a, but it seems to be the cousin of the ever popular Koa. Sort of like the Matt Dillon and his brother...who's name escapes me at the moment.
Why Koai'a as opposed to any other plant/tree out there? Who knows.
Common uses for Koai'a include: fishing lures, spears, digging sticks and tapa (cloth) beaters. All useful stuff. I needed a new digging stick anyway.
I just can't believe these people desecrated our little red dirt patch (for the record, everyone was attached to it...not just me) for trees! Of all things! I can't even eat those! The mountain is already full of them! What really gets me is that they probably destroyed a whole family of said trees in the construction of their home. The irony.
Here's another view of the home/future arboretum.

My thoughts are that they're going to be farming more than Koai'a...if you know what I'm saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment