Monday, January 26, 2009

Too Late to Apologize

Tooooo laaaaattttteeee....

I mean, that's what I would say if I was Chase Budinger, and I got my face stepped on. Especially if the apology sounded something like this:

My comments are in (...)

“I want to apologize to Chase Budinger for what happened Saturday night. (Oh, this is going to be good.) I never meant to step on him,” (I never meant to make it look like I stepped on him.) Coleman said in a statement issued by the school. “I have never been in an incident like this before, and I have nothing but respect for him as a great player. (So much respect, that I felt the need to step on his face, intentionally.) I love the game too much to do something like that intentionally. (But I did anyway.) I want to say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart,” (Because I guess I should feel a little sorry.) Coleman said. “I know that God knows what is in my heart, but I am hopeful that Chase will understand and forgive.” (But if it were me, I wouldn't be so forgiving.)

Dripping with insincerity, wouldn't you say?

Of course he meant to step on him. Sorry from the bottom of my heart? Please. I present to you Exhibit A.

Come on, Coleman. You can't even do that in football...perhaps UFC.

Speaking of football, the Superbowl is this Sunday!!! Sort of a bittersweet sort of time. On the bright side, it's the Superbowl! But, at the same time, it also marks the end of football season. What the heck am I going to do on Sundays? Surprisingly, the majority of America does not share my excitement. According to a poll on ESPN, which I participated in...

Very high excitement: 19%
High: 22%
Moderate: 35%
Low: 24%

Low?? Seriously? Who are these people? Definitely not the Hawaiians, as they ranked in the "High" category. I'm thinking they're mostly excited for the food at the Superbowl parties...but then again, who isn't?

Check these funny Superbowl shirts:



Haha!



Speaking of Hawaiians, BJ Penn is scheduled to for a fight this weekend against St. Pierre. It's gonna be good. Especially since I'm not a fan of St. Pierre...at all. He's a little to kick-boxerish for my liking. I'm pretty sure there won't be much face-stomping, but it'll still be a good fight.

With my newfound free time (no football on Sunday or evening Laker game), I decided to make the Barefoot Contessa's Strawberry Country Cake. And so glad I did. The cake itself was by far one of the best I've made. I think the addition of sour cream and citrus (lemon and orange) zests had something to do with it. Sour cream goes great in most everything! Cakes, muffins, cookies, mashed potatoes...yummy! This is a layered cake, but since I wasn't serving the whole thing, I used my little fluted cookie cutter to make mini strawberry shortcake napoleons! So yummy and cute and bite size!

No comments: