Over the Christmas break, my mom (in spite of my complaining) signed the family up for our very first (and last) family picture taking.
It's not that I totally dislike picture taking (just a little, sometimes), it's more that I really take issue with super-posed and choreographed pictures. What am I going to do with it anyway?
But of course, she won and the family was off to Kaanapali. As suspected, the photographer was cloying cheerful...and she even told me and Nicole not to "get dirty" with the poses!!! Hmm...
Anyway, here are some of the pictures:
I'm not a fan of the matchy-matchy outfits!
The photographer liked my parents better than she liked me and my sister. I can't imagine why...
Wachi Ohana.
Two things. Sorry about the monotonous background...but the ones on the beach were kinda weird, which I suppose would have been more entertaining. And also sorry for the blurriness. The truth is the photographer's website outsmarted me, and I was tired of dealing with it. So of course, it was iPhone to the rescue...which also explains the off-centeredness.
I'm not really sure if I see the difference between these "professional" photos and the ones we stage ourselves.
At Mama's Fish House in Kuau.
I'm pretty shame to admit that I got sucked into watching the season premiere of the Bachelor (thanks a lot, Jeannie). But, the first few episodes are always the most entertaining. This twist this year is that this bachelor has a kid...which unsurprisingly brings out the maternal instincts (real or not) of all the ladies. Out of no where, one of the lovely ladies professes her secret desire to be a 1st grade teacher because it's "the most challenging...but the most rewarding...but challenging". There was of course other craziness to be had: one girl ambushed him in the car due to her lack of QT earlier in the day. His face when he stepped in the car was truly one of panic. I can relate.
But my favorite line of the evening came from Molly, a blonde.
Bachelor: Do you have any talents?
Molly, the blonde: I'm a great kisser!
Hahaha! I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant (maybe, maybe not)...but I suppose that is a talent. She just proclaimed it with such gusto that I couldn't stop laughing.
And that's why I watched...but no more, well...perhaps next week...if there's no Lakers (or any basketball) game on.
2 comments:
I think the family portraits are great... I think the matchy-matchy outfits are cute!! I know you're not 5... but it's still cute. It's nice that you made your mom happy. =)
I am ashamed to say that I saw just a snippet of the Bachelor where that girl said her talent was being a good kiser - ewww!
Post a Comment