But why?
I guess the Clippers win so infrequently that when they do, a celebration is in order. I mean, if you had a 15-40-some record...I think you'd want a parade, too and probably a pinata. But perhaps, this win is somewhat justified such that they beat the Celtics. 93-91. Believe it, buddy.
And Clippers fan everywhere cheer. I'm sure even Lakers fans cheered. I did...once I recovered from the shock and disbelief. I can hardly wait to see this on Yahoo! Sports.
------------
Ok, so at this point, I tapped out for the night.
And Yahoo! Sports did not disappoint!
Some of my favorite lines...
- A Yahoo! writer in regards to the Celtics acquiring Marbury...
"To a man, the Boston Celtics say they'll welcome Stephon Marbury, and that's understanable. Lost to the Los Angeles Clippers and, really, who are you to discriminate?"
Ha. I luv this one.
- Baron Davis in regards to hoping to turn things around
"It's good to start getting everyone healthy. That's going to help us be a threat as the end of the season approaches."
Hmm...let's think about this. Start getting healthy...at the end of the season...hmm...
- Doc Rivers speaking the truth
"We were awful...we looked at their record, and not their personnel."
In his defense (and this will be the only time I do this...ever), but it's kinda hard not to notice a team with only 15 wins...especially when you have 13 losses. I'm just sayin.
And of course, would any Celtics game really be complete without a Paul Pierce...ahem..."injury"? Last night's injury of choice was a dislocated right thumb. Oddly enough, he did not require wheelchair assistance and continued to play. Shocking, I know. Maybe he took note that when Kobe dislocated his ring finger on his shooting arm, he just taped it up in the timeout. And took shots with his left hand.
Oh, but there's more. Pruitt (of the Celtics) was caught with a DUI early this morning following the loss to the Clippers. Can we say hurten?
I think there's probably a few more catharic ways to deal with a loss than drinking away your sorrows. Take a note from Rasheed. Toss a towel or two. So defiant. I like it. I'm gonna start practicing my towel toss.
No comments:
Post a Comment