Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It Was The Best of Times...It Was The Worst of Times...

Not to sound overly dramatic...but it really is.

Bad news first. As you all know/should know, Andrew Bynum is out for 2-3 months with a torn MCL...whatever that is. I assume the "L" is for ligament. I tore a ligament in my right ankle in the 6th grade, and I was out of commission for a while as well. So I can relate. Sort of. Ok, ok not at all. I was actually happy to have an excuse not to play baseball/basketball/flag football in PE. And I think everyone else was, too. But it hurt! So that I understand.

And now to the good news! Kobe scored 61 points at last nights Lakers-Knicks game. The most points ever (ever!!) at Madison Square Garden. And I couldn't be happier! In an interview, Kobe said that he felt that this game might be a slump game due to Bynum's injury, so he knew he had to do something big. What a team player! I actually didn't get a chance to watch this game...but with good reason: Maryn and I had cookies and rice krispy treats to make. Cookies and basketball is always a conundrum for me.

In class today, I was reminded of my favorite Superbowl commercial...as seen here. Poor Diane...or whatever that chick's name is. Truth is, I've never really understood flowers in a box. I mean, not to sound princess-y, but what's the point if you have to one, unpack your own flowers and two, arrange your own flowers? I may appreciate it more if I was more crafty...but I unfortunately have nearly non-existent flower arranging skills.

But perhaps most interestingly, my co-worker received a "special delivery" in her flowers in a box a couple years ago. Apparently, the person who packed her flowers was obviously bitter and disenfranchised because he decided to leave her a note of his own. Oh yes. Something like I hope you have an f-ing Valentine's day. And some other un-niceties. Hilarious. Well, she didn't think so. But it really was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/02/03/all.star.horse.ap/index.html

i think you'll find that interesting.