What do we do? We swim, swim, swim.
Oh that Dory. Tell me you've all seen (and luved) Finding Nemo.
But...if only it were that easy. Especially for those of us not in the know about all things swimming. Including myself.
I know, I know. I'm from Maui! I'm a Pisces! I was in a pool before I could walk! And I even took swimming lessons! And yet, I fail at swimming.
This is not to say that I'm afraid of/can't handle myself in the water. What kind of islander would I be? It's just amazing what one of these babies can do for your water confidence.

I never go to the beach without one.

I'm the one on the far right. Action shot.
A rather interesting turn of events turned my attention back to swimming. That being spraining my left ankle. Twice. In 2 months. Running is more hazardous than you think. At least for me anyway. My ankle swelled up pretty good the second sprain around so much so that upon seeing my ankle in all its swollen glory, the doctor said..."Dangggggg!!! Look at that thing!" Apparently, it was too swollen to get an MRI.
That was 3 weeks ago. I'm sad to say that the ankle, despite my encouragement, is not back to its old tricks. It's still sore every now and then, and I can't help but to think my advanced age of 26 years has finally caught up to me. I'm too young to be old!
Hence, the swimming attempts. I'm actually more of a doggie-paddler and almost unstoppable when I have a tube. Seeing as how I didn't take well to swimming lessons, the first time around, I decided that perhaps this time, YouTube is the way to go.
So I've been watching this video. The music was an added bonus.
I can't say I've progressed much...or at all for that matter. I mean...between the arms, legs, hip rotation and breathing...it's a little much for my fleeting memory to remember. I don't even have goggles, so I can't see where I'm going anyway.
Not that I'm going anywhere fast.
Except to the doctor. I'm scheduled to see him tomorrow. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment