Oh how I've missed football! Haven't you? Hasn't everyone??
I recently realized that I spent 8 hours watching college football. 8 hours! I did take a brief 45-minute break to enjoy the absolutely wonderful late summer weather we've been having. Isn't Forcier amazing??? I'm gonna throw like him one of these days. We all have goals. Then, on Sunday, I watched NFL games from 10am til the afternoon. No outdoor break on Sunday, but the weather was equally gorgeous.
And yesterday was the first Monday of MNF. Football until 10pm. My baking's been taking a hit...big time. Both the Chargers and Patriots just eeked by their typically unworthy opponents. Did the good guys just suck? Or did the crappy guys get good? I couldn't have said it better than Yahoo! Sports: "Do the Raiders...not...suck?" Who knows! But who cares anyways. The games were super exciting and oh so satisfying.
I'm sure many of you may not be tempted enough to click on that article...but that's a shame because you would miss out on this fabulous pic of some pretty intense Raider fans.

You're welcome. I knew you wouldn't want to miss out on this.
The Raiders played some pretty amazing defense last night. I can't help but to assume that it's due to that Seymour acquisition from...the...Patriots? I think so. And could this be why the Patriots struggled so? Hmm...
And how bout that Mark Sanchez? I didn't expect much from him...especially after seeing him play in the preseason...and I'm still slightly bitter that he left USC. That being said, I feel he's slightly...umm...over-rated. I mean, yeah he was the first rookie for the Jets in a while to throw for a touchdown...impressive. But Jeannie (roomie) and I are convinced that Sanchez doesn't make plays. He's more improvisational. But football is about making plays! This is not the NBA, where style matters. But he does throw a good spiral. I'm still working on mine. It's been a slow process. But it's in progress. Sort of.
No comments:
Post a Comment