Monday, November 3, 2008

This is Clarice...this is Clarice on caffeine

Remember that drugs commercial with the fried eggs?

This is your brain...this is your brain on drugs? Honestly, it always made me hungry for some fried eggs, rice and shoyu...yummy.

My first round of finals in 4 years starts tomorrow...or today I should say, considering it is 2:56 am. And no, I have not resorted to casual drug use to help me along, but I have found the joys of caffeine. A celebrated brunch-only coffee drinker, I had approximately 2 cups of coffee as of 9pm tonight. And here I am, awake as ever. About half a cup of my coffee intake was an iced Vietnamese coffee from Lee's Sandwiches...though, it tasted more like paint thinner. Super strong and acidic, with a strange after taste to top it off.

I blame Accounting. He gives us a study sheet...here are some of the highlights:

1. "This includes the use of key ratios. This is something we did not go over in class, but I will ask about it on the final."

2. "Miscellaneous"

3. Student: What kind of question will you ask about M/A on the final?
Teacher: I haven't decided yet. I can ask you a multiple choice question, essay, anything really.
Clarice to Student: (snickering) Did that answer your question?

I guess the student didn't fully appreciate the humor in my question, and perhaps may have upset him more. Oh well. I thought it was funny.

Ah yes, life is good, great actually.



Salad from Whole Foods, with beets. I loved the mozzarella! The perfect salty bite.


Crostini with mascarpone, strawberries, walnuts, black pepper and balsamic reduction drizzle. A great lunch!


Pinkberry sorbetto from Starbucks. I decided that I don't like to drink yogurt. Reminds me of Campbell's Soup to Go.


Strawberry, walnut and feta salad with balsamic and olive oil. Can you tell that I have a surplus of strawberries and walnuts? Not that I'm complaining. The best part of making this salad at home is that you can add as tons of strawberries, walnuts and feta...and as little mixed greens as you like. Yummy.

Yawn...I wish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought we were boycotting Whole Foods?!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I love the "Miscellaneous" part on the study guide.