Especially when there's football and Laker basketball to watch. Priorities, priorities, priorities.
Luckily, Men's Health magazine has stepped up and done the thinking for men everywhere. Let me clarify. Lucky for boys. Not so lucky for girls.
After reading, I have concluded that the only hearts that will melt as a result of this list are those made of Velveeta cheese. Yes, that cheesy.
Let's take a look, shall we?
40 Ways to Melt a Woman's Heart
1. Ask her to dance.
Only if you can, please.
"Wayward strands"? Who writes this stuff?
Only works in the movies...and life does not imitate the movies.
Shoulder blades? I must be missing something.
Definitely could do without that.
Who is this insecure? You're not blind. And neither are we.
Please don't. Watch basketball. That always cheers me up.
Another random body part! I must really be missing something.
Seems a bit to-catch-a-predator-ish
Like a car wash?
Crying? What's that?
I thought only parents did this. Gross.
Because that going to be useful.
15. Order coffee for her, remembering exactly how she likes it.
I don't drink enough coffee to care.
Not as effective as you would think/hope.
Anything? Please use some discretion.
Again, who is this insecure? And how will staring help?
Like an afterthought?
Cool...I always wanted a maid.
Desperately? Hmm...yeah...desperation has been known to melt hearts.
Absolutely not. Especially if it's the Lakers. What a complete waste of money...we're in a recession!
Just remember to wash your hands.
Isn't shaving part of your normal routine?
Hugs don't fix everything. Cake might.
Not all jewelry is good jewelry. Remember that.
Two towels? Way to increase your eco-footprint.
Work...how romantic.
Doesn't this only work on kids?
32. In the middle of a conversation, tell her you love her.
Do you like to be interrupted in conversation? Yeah, neither do we.
Flowers don't fix everything...but cake does.
This wouldn't even work if you were Bear Grylls. Now, if you build a fire and make 'smores...that's a different story.
HA! Just in case you forgot, this is a men's magazine.
First the cereal now stories. Only works on kids.
Keep in mind, not everyone is handy.
Unimpressive. Even my co-workers notice when I wear something new.
Please don't. Seriously.
40. Ask if she wants to wrestle.
Perfect. Wrestling. Every girl's dream.
Whew! That was tiring...but my heart's still pretty much intact. No melting going on here. Admittedly, there are few (very few) things that would...but, in my defense, this list is pretty lame. Some...ok a few...maybe 2 of this suggestions are not bad, but definitely not what Men's Health purports them to be. Oh well. Nice try, I suppose.
Picture time! These are courtesy of my sister Nicole, aspiring environmentalist/marine biologist/ethical studies minor/chemist/landscape photographer/full-time cruiser. These photos are from her Redwood adventure at sunset in Saratoga, CA. I love the way the sunset washes the hills with color. I must be spending too much time in the OC because I would have never guessed that such a gorgeous landscape could exist CA.
3 comments:
... and why are you reading Men's Health? Apparently it's written for women to tell their man about men's health =)
OMG... your comments are hysterical... I think a couple of the "suggestions" are okay, but for the most part, they ARE pretty cheesy...ugh...
You just don't get it do you?
You are about as romantic as piece of moldy cheese.
I pity the poor soul who ever chooses to date your pathetic, lame and sarcastic sense of reality.
Do the world a huge favor and stay single and celibate (which you no doubt currently are), for the rest of your sorry life.
BB
Post a Comment