Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Beauty Sleep

Never before has this phrase held so true...until today.

Approximately 10:45 am at work

VP: Hi Clarice...

me: Hi, what's up?

VP: Hey, can i talk to you about...WOW...you look really tired. (emphasis on the really)

me: (annoyed look) Hmm...thanks. That makes me feel just great!

VP: (as if he hadn't said enough) Did you have a rough night?

me: (shocked) Umm...no...

VP: ...

me: ...

VP: Well...it's just that I know you're in school...and I know...it must be really umm...tiring.

me: (so over it) Yeah...what is it that you wanted again?

So if more sleep makes you more beautiful...and I've been lacking sleep, then that must mean...well, let's just say the truth hurts sometimes, and I'll be cozying up in bed a little earlier tonight.

And I'll sleep soundly knowing that the Suns lost tonight.

PS. Tracy McGrady is my new hero. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNbC5IEkF9I

2 comments:

G said...

painful... ive heard that same exchange... except from each of my coworkers. Happens every Mon, Wed, Fri. Its starting not to sting as much.

Unknown said...

maybe it's just the way you look?

i heart you big (literally) sister!