For the rest of this week, says weather girl.
(Squueaaallll!)
And, it was absolutely lovely this weekend as well. Even if I spent it mostly pouring through a 10K. But, the perfectly spring weather facilitated outdoor studying.
Weather like this is enough to make any homesick Hawaiian not so homesick. And, the fact that I could run out the door and not even think about needing a jacket later was awesome. Wardrobe planning is an area of development for me. Why a wardrobe cannot consist of tank tops in every color imagineable is unclear to me. This was especially problematic when I went to Japan in the winter with my army of tank tops, and realized that no matter how many you wear at once, it's really not that warm.
But Saturday was definitely a tank top day. Heck, it was even shorts day! This time of year is one of my fav times in California because the gorgeous weather = amazing produce! Seriously, California has the best fruits. Ok, they've got nothing on those Maui Gold pineapples, but the fruit here is some of the best I've ever had anywhere.
Which is why I have been so terribly disappointed and in a bit of a slump these past few weeks. I mean, it's May, and I had yet to have a tasty strawberry. It's just unthinkable. I see them in stores, all red and plumpy and fragrant...but when I take a test, it's been completely watery. Only suitable for strawberry jam.
But! The recent warm weather produced these adorable little strawberries, which I'm happy to report, were flavorful and wonderful!
So so good! And have you ever seen anything cuter than these?
Haas avovados the size of a pocket hippo?
And, to squash any lingering feelings of homesickness, I tried this new Hawaiian...umm..."Hawaiian" place called Da Luau.
Meat jun plate and kalbi and meat jun plate. I have to say, it was surprisingly good. My one complaint (stop laughing...ok I do have more than one gripe, but this is the main one) is that rice is a considered a side dish, and needs to be ordered separately.
You kidding, right? As Mommy would say.
1 comment:
It's Hippy! I think you should start Adventures of Hippy posts :)
Post a Comment