As in the NBA Finals.
The only kind there should be. None of this school finals silliness.
Ok, it's not really The Finals finals...but close enough.
And unfortunately, this whole school finals silliness has gotten in the way of The Finals seriousness. I know, I hardly know me, too sometimes. But, in all honesty, besides the undeniable amazingness that is the Lakers, The Finals, has been, well...a little yawnable. Especially compared to last year. Orlando sweeps Hawks. Suns sweep Spurs. Sigh. And Chicago nearly got swept by the Cav's. 4-1. Nothing like the Bulls-Celtics throwdown last year! No Brad Miller shooting semi-concious free throws?
But of course this year was not without the usual Paul Pierce injury. I think it was to his elbow. Or shoulder? Left? Right? It's just so hard to keep track. I should ask him how he keeps track. Must be some Excel spreadsheet. And the Brad Miller eye trauma of last season was replaced with Steve Nash's Hannibal Lecter one-eyed look.
Disclaimer: the below picture is not for the faint of heart.
Oh geees...I can barely look. See Paul Pierce? You taking notes? This is a legit injury.
Steve's eye got progressively smaller and bluer as the game went on. Blahhhh!
But more imporntly, the Cav's are taking a beating. True, they have arguably the hardest road...but I mean, there's no room for excuses in basketball. That is, unless your name starts with Lebron and ends in James. And for some reason, you like to pre-fix it with King.
So far, the Cavs-Celtics match up has been the one to watch. After the Lakers of course, but that goes without saying. 111-110 Game 3 with the Jazz?? Even I was sweating it. But the Cavs-Celtics have been thrilling as well. Admittedly because the Cavs are down 3-2, and because they suffered a terrible Game 5 120-88 loss (ouch, ouch, ouch) at home. At. Home. Worse in Cavs franchise history. Talk about salt to the wound.
It's not that I...you know...don't like Lebron. Ok. I'm a terrible lier. I like him like I like olives on my pizza. Or like raw onions in my salad. I can't stand him. The chalk-tossing. The pre-game antics. The car insurance commercials. The Chosen One? Give me a break.
I never thought the Cavs would get past the Celtics, but I also never thought part of this would include 2 blowout games. And like me, I'm sure you're wondering what the heck the twice crowned MVP, self-proclaimed King James has to say about all this.
In an interview with Yahoo!, Lebron brushes off his lackluster performance as well, excusable. "I spoil people a lot with my play. When you have 3 bad games in 7 years, it's easy to point them out." Yeah, especially when it's Game 5 in the playoffs. 15 points isn't gonna get it done. Like, I got it last year when they lost the series to the Magic, and Lebron left the court without shaking hands. I mean, I wouldn't be in the mood for such niceties either. But for him just to brush off the loss with something to the tune of even-kings-need-a-break is just too much.
But not all Lebron-related things are tummy-ache inducing. What I miss more than anything else this season are the MVPuppets. Where are the MVPuppets?? I know Nike really screwed things up last year predicting that it would be Lebron and Kobe...but it was just so entertaining! I miss Lil Dez. I haven't seen them since Christmas with the reindeer. I miss their furry faces and little MVPuppet shoes. And their shoes. And their shoes.
Game 6 tomorrow. One step closer to MVPuppets!!
Oh, and a final thought. Only Kings Have Rings. Or a white scarf that double as umm...a crown.


No comments:
Post a Comment