Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Circle Scarf

Wait...the what?

I know, I said the same thing.

And even when I saw it, I was still confused.  If by "circle scarf", they meant cotton donut, then I guess I get it.  But why would you want to wear a donut?  Aren't they just for eating?

A friend of mine recently received a cotton donut...circle scarf...if you want to be technical for her birthday the other week.  And the only explanation I can think of is, well, it's American Apparel...and I'm just not cool enough to comprehend such trendiness. 


And this is the circle scarf.  Oh don't worry, boys.  It's unisex.  Just in case you were wondering.

It's like a.....necklace.  I have my opinions about boys and scarves.  But that's for another blog and another time. 

Pause.

Is that a cardigan??  I guess. I mean, what else would you wear with a salmon colored polo?

But before you make the same mistake I did, and dismiss this as simply a scarf, I must confess this is no simple scarf.  It's so much more.  So. Much. More.

How much more?  Well, there's an online guide on "ways to wear it".  Instructions on how to wear my clothes?  How complicated can a cotton donut be?

Famous last words.

With a few tugs and knots and the occasional belt or two, you can achieve 13 looks from the circle scarf, which is essentially an over-sized jersey pillowcase...with the bottom opened. 
 
Still not clear on how to style yourself in a scarf?  Don't worry.  There's a video!

I'm just really not into it.  And I don't think the birthday girl is either.  But that doesn't seem to be the general opinion.  I hope these people can tie Eagle Scout level knots.  I definitely can't.

1 comment:

Maryn said...

Please don't hate me but I've secretly wanted one of those things! But who knew that they came with INSTRUCTIONS?! Seems a little much...like a sarong for the neck...