Saturday, April 24, 2010

Things That Confuse

As if school doesn't do enough of this to me.

NOA.  NOPAT.  LIFO.  FIFO.  FASB.  IFRS.  NOI.  FCFF.  GAAP.  NOPBT.  DR.  CR.

I like my alphabets best in alphabet soup thankyouverymuch.

If you haven't guessed, it's soon-to-be finals week.  And yes, I should be pouring through this silly little thing called a 10K for an even sillier little thing called a final.  But instead, I find myself pondering mysteries in life other than why Newell Rubbermind uses both LIFO and FIFO inventory methods.  Can you even do that?  I'm somewhere in this 75-page partial 10K, there is a very nice footnote disclosure with a the very nice answer of sometimes maybe...under certain circumstances...and even then were not entirely sure but we did it anyway, and we paid big bucks to disclose it...so there.

Hmph.  And that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

I exaggerate.  It's really not that terrible or confusing.

But you know what is?

Strawberries. 


How can something that looks so wonderfully ripe and delectable taste so umm...tasteless?  The recent crop of strawberries making their appearance in southern California markets have been totally disappointing.  Sure, they look great.  Red and juicy.  And they even smell pretty enticing.  But they are watery and tasteless.  Very un-berry like.  What a tease. 

Office Coffee.


How is it that office coffee always taste so darn awful?  My office brews Starbucks coffee...or at least coffee that comes in Starbucks packages.  But it is seriously, the worse coffee I've ever had.  Incredibly bitter and strong like jet fuel, it's almost undrinkable.  I manage to sit through a few gulps on a Monday morning, but it's not pretty.  The coffee, too...not pretty.

Something called negro.


Not sure what exactly this was except that it was what my friend Steve ate for lunch.  Or didn't eat.  I believe its a pork sausage with an egg in the middle...with turkey on the bottom.  Perhaps the most confusing of all things today.

No comments: