Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snowboarding...Take 4

Oh there was snow for sure.

Was there snowboarding? Wellll...more than the last 3 times. I mean...I guess when I wasn't falling, I was snowboarding. Sorta.

Details.

But when I wasn't cold or falling, it was a pretty great time playing in the snow.



I think the big cheesy smile says it all. It's not easy taking pictures of yourself with gloves on. Like the goggles? Me too!

And yes! The snow really was as wonderful as it looks. It was nice and soft...perfect for falling. Especially the ungroomed parts near the trees. Extra soft. But it's all fun and games until snow gets down your pants and starts melting.

As my snowboarding confidence blinded my better judgment, I took the gondola to the very tip top at Mammoth. And, as you may know, this is the same tip top that I slid down on my back a few years ago. A distant memory at this point. This year, I was feeling a little better about myself, but it was a little windy, so I was slightly concerned.



Moments before facing the music outside. This is one of those "what-the-heck-have-I-gotten-myself-into-again" moments. Especially when you see everyone else bundling up with face masks and hand warmers...and you have neither/just learned what a face mask was days earlier.

Even though that pout says otherwise, I'm really happy I made it back up there because the view going down was soooo pretty! And when you're going as slow as I am/take breaks as often as I do (going down on your heels the whole way is rough on the thighs), you have ample time to enjoy it. I absolutely luv the quietness and stillness of everything up there.

Which lasted until about Saturday, until the wind started to pick up.



And it snowed! I've never seen snow from the sky! Exciting! And cold! Who would've guessed!

The snow storm caused our trip to end a little earlier than expected, but every cloud has a silver lining...and this one happens to be my first trip to Baker's!

Aka the In-N-Out of the IE...but with Mexican food, says Mike, who has also introduced me to the wonderfulness that is carne asada fries and potato tacos. And now he has introduced me to...



The Taco Burer!! Mmm!!! Taco flavored meat in a bun with cheese?? Sooo sold. Really good. The thumb doesn't lie.



Double Baker. Also wonderful. I think it's the bun.

But what really impressed me was the selection of hot sauces.



I just had to sample them all. I liked the smokiness of the hoter sauce...but the spicy ketchup was also a very close second.

If all my snowboarding trips end with such wonderful things such as taco burgers, I'm gonna have to go more often.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The sauces picture is my favorite! Who does that?!?!