Especially when finals are next week.
I guess I can't complain too much as today is perhaps one of the most blustery and cold Saturdays in recent memory. In fact, I think this calls for my pink fuzzy socks.
Ahhh. Much better.
Now back to my study break. Now before you think that all I've been doing for the past three hours was looking at food blogs and thinking about all the things I could braise, stew and bake...(that lamb tagine is sounding really good right now...and chocolate chip cookies with coconut? Yummy.) I have successfully outlined 4 chapters for my entrepreneurial finance class. And you know, it's just amazing what you can learn about things when you read. I know I say this every quarter, but really it is.
But really, does anyone read for class anymore? My reading is limited to recipes and Yahoo! sports articles. Priorities. I actually could not locate my finance book until just recently. And it's pretty hard to read something that you can't find.
Or at least it's a convenient excuse.
Hmm...I should make the most of this break. Sports time.
Let's check on that USC game. Last I saw they were losing, then winning, then losing. It's probably over now. Let's see...lost. Geeees.
Well, at least the Lakers won last night over Miami. In part due to Kobe, of course. He an amazing performance last night, culminating with this game winning shot. Did you see it? Click it again. Once isn't enough.
Mike's eating another Slim Jim. I think that brings his mechanically-separated-chicken meatstick count to 6. Smells funny. Now he's complaining about Lamar. That guy clearly started it. But...it's tough reasoning with a Clipper fan that eats Scooby snacks. Delicious, he says. I'll take his word for it. Another bite of the Slim Jim. Yuck. He looks happy though.
Tell me you wouldn't eat that. No really, don't eat that.
You know...I really wish I had another one of those biscuits I made this morning. I froze some for later biscuit bliss. I luv biscuits. Always have. My mom used to make me these drop biscuits when I was little. But what I really luved was those biscuits from McDonalds...with strawberry jam and butter they gave you in those little containers. These don't really taste too much like them, but they are quite lucious and decadent...no doubt due to the nearly 2 cups of cream.
I suggest you make these and bake them as you need them. Which may be more often than you anticipate. I also made a small batch of strawberry butter. I think you should, too.
Biscuits
from James Beard
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups cream
Preheat the oven to 425-degree F.
Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Fold in 1 1/4 cups cream, adding more by the half tablespoon as needed to form a dough.
Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, and form into a ball.
Roll out dough to 3/4-inches thickness. Cut out biscuits.
Brush the biscuits you plan on eating right away with butter and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are light brown.
Flash freeze remaining biscuits individually, and then store in freezer for later use. Add 1-2 minutes in baking time for these frozen ones.
And with that, I'm going to have another minty M&M and on to Chapter 13. Money Market Securities.
Someone get me a biscuit.
1 comment:
please stop studying. i think you just fell off your rocker
Post a Comment