Hilarious. Gets me every time. Take your pick.
After a day at the beach and fitness magazine reading, Nicole decided that we were going to have salads for lunch at Lahaina Farms, which is like a Whole Food-ish market in the new Lahaina Gateway...which I'm not too happy about in general...but this Lahaina Farms place seems kinda cool as far as gentrification of your neighborhood goes. But I digress.
So we cruise in, ready to pick our salad and fixings when I see an overhead menu.
me: "Look Nicole, they have kalua pig flatbread...mmm..."
Nicole: "Should we just go to flatbread in Paia?"
me: "Yeah. I'm glad to see the fitness magazines were so impactful."
flatbread is this teeny, slightly overpriced pizza place in Paia with the most wonderful kalua pig pizza. And apparently, the tangiest lemonade Nicole has ever tasted. I enjoyed watching her drink it. Very much.
And after lunch we tried on a few dresses at another teeny store...because everything in Paia is small. Apparently the clothes, too, as Nicole soon found out.
So I'm wandering around the store, and Nicole calls me from the fitting room. I figure she wants my candid opinion. But when I get in there, it was a much different story.
Nicole: "I'm having severe difficulties getting out of this dress. Severe."
me: "Ohh..."
Nicole: "You're goona have to Winnie-the-Pooh me out of this thing".
me: (Picturing the Winnie the Pooh episode where Winnie is stuck in his door from eating too much hunny) "Ok..." (tugging at the dress) "Lift up your arms." (giggle, giggle, still tugging at dress) "Why are you so sweaty? What about the zipper?"
Nicole: "It's a fake zipper!! I've been trying to take off this dress for 10 mins! Severe difficulties!"
me: "Oh yeah...hahahaha. Cross your arms"
And off popped the dress.
Oh? You're not familiar with that Winnie the Pooh episode?
1 comment:
Where are the pics of the dressing room fiasco? ha ha
Post a Comment