As busy and silly as it can be, I'm always kinda sad to see Christmas go. I like the scarves, boots and umm...dazzling array of cookies. Ok mostly the cookies. Cookies for breakfast. Because someone's gotta eat all those cookies. But when it's not cookies, here's what's on the menu:
Our annual Christmas Eve dinner with the fam bam. The overdone prime rib is a specialty.
And what would Christmas be without a little disaster?
A should-have-been-could-have-been-would-have-been pumpkin roulade. But it cracked during it's roll session. Fail. Sighhh. It was later used as a pumpkin and banana napoleon with an orange cream.
But that was yesterday. Today was beach day!
It was just so perfectly sunny today that Nicole (sister) and I ventured out to Big Beach in Makena, which we only go to on super nice days such as today. And I'm so glad we did! Not because it was wonderfully warm and picturesque (because it was), but because of the entertaining life guard on duty.
He relayed a message to the 10am beach crowd, and it went something like this:
"Aloha, this is your friendly life guard with a message for you. If you are not an experienced swimmer or not from the area, I recommend you not go into the water at all today. If you are an experienced swimmer and think you can handle, and want to take in some floatation device with you, like a boogie board...don't. You're just setting yourself up for disaster. If you have little ones, keep them out the water, otherwise when the big ones come in, they going get suck under. If get questions, come talk to me, and I going answer em for you. Aloha."
Hilarious. Seriously. Maybe you had to have been there.
Oh and yes, there was shave ice.
No comments:
Post a Comment