Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Who Burned the Biscotti?

Oh that was me.

Heehee.

Just slightly though. I like to think of them as extra-dunk-able.

This was my first "cookie" attempt without butter (intriguing), and I gotta say that I much prefer my regular buttery cookies. Surprise, surprise. I like the texture, the crumb and well, the fat. I'm just being honest here.

But butter or not, these biscotti were quite the adventure to make. And sticky, too. Mostly sticky. The recipe said that you "cannot have too much flour" when rolling the dough.



I took this to heart. Floured myself, the dough and my iPhone.



Tell me that's not too much flour. It wasn't, actually. The dough kept sticking to my rolling pin.



Slicing the biscotti for their second trip in the oven is a delicate process. And I am not a delicate person. Some biscotti were smushed in this process. It was inevitable.

So how did they burn? Wellll...I may have been watching the Travel Channel...and there may have been a new episode of Man vs. Food where he was challenged with this:



The NASCAR B3 Bad-Ass Burrito!!!

Certainly not to be missed! Well, at least for a few minutes...just in time to see food win! And also in time to make biscotti extra crunchy. (oops)

But I'll have to be more focused...especially now, with football starting up. There's a whole afternoon schedule of pre-season football tomorrow!

Including...

Patriots @ Eagles. Hmm...not too interested in this one. Negative fan on the Patriots. But Kobe is from Philly...but just watching that Andy Reid character makes me feel unsettled. I'm torn. Andy Reid reminds his team that they're not ultimate fighters, and that they're football players. Not a good sign.

Redskins @ Ravens. I like the Ravens...ohhh but how I wish they were playing the Steelers!



Classy, huh?

Cardinals @ Steelers. I jumped on the Card's bandwagon last year. I should've listened to that Madden dude on KROQ.

Cowboys @ Raiders. No Jessica Simpson? Check. No T.O.? Check. Raiders favored by 1? Blame it on the off-season. We'll revisit this at Thanksgiving in Dallas. $60 pizza, anyone?

True, none of the players we luv/hate will be on the field for very long...but hey, I've been without sports for way, way too long.

No comments: