Whaaaa?
Was my reaction. Verbatim.
So here's the deal...or the "gist" of things, as my old BHS World History (Sandy) would say. And I use the course title "World History" very loosely. Unless you, unlike me, consider crossword puzzles and word searches world history. Ever tried doing a word search for homework only to find out that some of the words had spelling errors? Something like...
Student: "Hey miss" (that's what we called our teachers) "I found all the words except 'Africa'. I found 'Afica'...but it's missing the "r".
Sandy (teacher aka miss): "Oh that must be it. I don't think I spelled all the words right".
Yeah. In such cases, I just started highlighting randomly. Hashish? Inside joke.
But I digress.
Tonight, my first negotiations class was excused ridiculously early...8PM as opposed to it's scheduled 9:30PM. Not that I'm complaining. That would be ungrateful. Just as I found a nicely lit bench to unfold the mysteries of entrepreneurial finance, I decide to check my email. And thank goodness I did because I received an email with the subject line "BFF setup".
Entrepreneurial finance got fat cancelled real quick.
Ashlyn of The Heusens (heusen.blogspot.com) and mother to perhaps the most adorable child ever (cutie little Saya) is the BFF matchmaker at hand. And I have complete faith in her...she did set up Maryn and Brian after all...and poof! happily ever after.
The second half of my BFF setup is Marsha, who although I haven't met personally, I have met vicariously through Ashlyn and Maryn. And we share many similarities that I find interesting and yet strangely coincidental.
We luv baking and all things food. I like her already. We're both from Hawaii! A fellow islander! My heart skipped a beat. Basketball luv. With any luck, Lakers basketball. And with even more luck, hopefully Celtic disgust...ahem...I mean...nope, I really meant disgust. We both have younger sisters. I wonder if she is also thought to be the younger sister. We both luv Mozza! Yay! And finally, and perhaps most interesting...our dads luv Tiger Woods. Mine luvs Tiger more than me and my sister...put together. I have deduced this based on the number of Tiger Woods pictures in our home to the number of family pictures. We're severely outnumbered. Hopefully Marsha's dad isn't that crazy...ahem...I mean obsessive...ahem...I mean devoted. Much better.
As you can see, I'm quite intrigued!
And as a side note/disclaimer to Marsha: Hi Marsha- If you're reading this...I apologize in advance for this random blog entry devoted to you. But honestly, how often do you get an email like that? Definitely blogworthy. Hope you understand! Thanks for being a good sport! Yay Lakers!!!
Oh, and PS. Have you heard of something called Shoyu Chicken Manapua? My friend in Honolulu raves about it. It sounds wonderful. She also eats malasadas and tells me about it while I'm at work. The humanity.
1 comment:
Mozza AND Lucques...here we come!!!
Post a Comment