Thursday, July 23, 2009

52%

That's how close I am to finishing my MBA.

Assuming I pass Operations Management class...a rather large assumption at this point.

But aside from that, today was officially my very last day of my first year of MBA classes. Yipppeeee!! Though it was somewhat unceremonious because the reality has not quite sunk in. I don't really understand not having to go to class every Tuesday and Thursday. Although, I will be going to class every Wednesday and Thursday in LA in just about a month and a half...but again, the reality has not quite sunk in. LA? Huh?

Even though I use this blog as my little monku (that's complain, to you people not in the know) outlet for school, there are a few...ok very few things that I am really going to...umm...what's the word...miss. Yuck. Geees. Such a cheeseball.

So in no particular order, I'm going to ahem...cough, cough...miss:

1. Turkey sandwiches eaten by the half: How many turkey sandwiches can one person possibly eat in a year? A lot. Believe me. Just when you think you can't stuff down another turkey and swiss sandwich on wheat with a piece of lettuce thrown in for color...you do. And you think it's yummy. And you call it dinner. But why the half? I swear class makes me lose my appetite.

2. Laker games: I missed an unforgivable amount of Laker games this year. But, I did try to fill every free spare moment with the Lakers. Did I miss class? Yes. Did I leave class? Yes. Did I watch during class? Yes. Did I follow it on my iPhone during class when laptops were not available? Yes. Did I ever once give it a second thought? Oh heck no. But why is this something I'll miss? Because I'm pretty sure there's no tv's at the LA campus that I have easy access to. iPhone to the rescue once again.

3. Peach green tea: It's the little things really. When the OCC fairies re-stock the tea supply and peach tea makes an appearance, I feel like it's Christmas...or at least Easter. I absolutely luv the peach green tea, and I have Maryn to thank for introducing it to me. Slightly fruity, floral and 100% yummy. Does LA have peach green tea? Negative.

4. Watching people fall asleep in class: Who doesn't like free entertainment? I'm pretty sure I'll get to still witness this, but I have my favs in class.

5. Professor Ansari: Maryn...I know you agree with me. Our stats professor was by far my...ok our favorite professor ever! He was just too hilarious, and I have to thank him to providing us with many of our fav catch phrases and quotes. Who knew stats could be fun? It's all in the...the...eeeeevvvviiiddeennnccceee.....just kidding!

6. Note passing: Maryn and Steve are quite possibly the most entertaining seat buddies. Mike too...but he's a Clipper fan and tends to get out of hand about that. I put him in line today. But I digress. I don't think I would have/could have survived class without their entertainment. Maryn would fill me in on details about cool restaurants she's eaten at, new recipe adventures and wedding updates. And Steve's just always unexpected...and yet always seems to know what's going on in class. I need to learn this trick.

And I think that does it. Sooo...how did we top off our last night of class? Take a look.



Our social chairs were awesome enough to bring beer and tacos! Oh...and is that a lemon, I see? Where's the party?



Oh! There it is!

1 comment:

Maryn said...

Awww! It is bittersweet...but good lord I hate studying for finals!