Whew. I just had to get that out of my system. The national anthem will just never be the same again. And by again, I mean, after the Lakers decisively beat Houston in Game 7.
Truth be told, this series should not have gone to Game 7. The Lakers just don't always play up to their potential, and well, I guess that even greatness has its off days. But Sunday certainly was not one of them! The Lakers played amazingly! Like we all know they can. Even Walton (cough, cough) wasn't too bad. Their defense was definitely impressive...and inspiring, some would say (myself included). As for the Rockets...well, I guess someone forgot to tell them it was Game 7. Oh well. Yay Lakers! On to the hated Nuggets!
No doubt Denver will be a tough team...I mean, they don't call them the "Thuggets" for nothing. They're pretty physical and Denver fans are well...hmm...let's just say on par with their team, shall we? The Lakers have beat them in 3 of their 4 meetings in the regular season, but who knows what that means now that this is the Playoffs (aka the most wonderful time of the year). And apparently, where amazing happens. Not to be confused with Kobe. He's where greatness happens.
Speaking of amazing, this has been quite the playoffs, and since I am on break from cost accounting homework (what is cost accounting anyway...I don't know, and I doubt I'll find out over the course of the next 2 months, but whatev), let's recount some fav Playoff moments that come to mind. And in no particular order.
1. Ron Artest's new do (but same attitude)

Now that's commitment. Or craziness. Artest walks a fine line.
2. LeBron's 36-foot jumper. I'm working on mine.
3. Brad Miller getting tripped up by Rondo (never-foul)...and then going to the line to shoot 2. How many baskets do you see Brad? 5? 6? Ok...try to look past the blood dripping down your face...
4. Dwight Howard and his shoulders. I'm working on mine, too.
5. Big Baby coming to play. Yes, I'm a Celtics hater...but come on...it's Baby. How often do you see 250+ pounds dunk? Seriously. Defies gravity.
6. Jeff Van Gundy. Is it just me...or do you also feel that Jeff Van Gundy will explode at least 3 times each game?
7. Kobe being Kobe. Who needs a chalk toss?
And now...onto to the WCF!
No comments:
Post a Comment