Monday, November 2, 2009

Lunch with Mommy

It's not everyday that I see my mom.

Or every month...or every other month...but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles when you live 3,000 and an ocean away.

So when I found out she had a short layover in LA on her way back to Maui, lunch sounded like a good idea. Even if it was at 3:00pm...and the last time I ate was at 10:30 in the morning. An orange, I think.

Considering her flight back home was at 5, I decided on In-N-Out...any excuse to eat there, really.

It's hardly ever a dull moment with my mother, and today was no different. As soon as she gets in the car, we proceeded to have the following conversation:

Mommy: I almost took this lady out.
me: Excuse me?
Mommy: Yeah, in customs. She accused me of cutting.
me: So what did she do?
Mommy: She just kept talking to me...saying "excuse me, you cut in front of me...excuse me". I just stared at her.
me: Umm...
Mommy: Then I started to discreetly kick her suitcase...hehehe.
me: Ok...
Mommy: Good thing the line started moving. If she kept talking, I don't know what I would've done. Security might have come.
me: Geees...I guess robbery changes a person.

And yes, my poor mom was robbed in Paris. Another victim of a pickpocket. She's never been quite the same. As you can see. There were a few other hiccups on the trip, and well, I'm not sure Europe will be quite the same as well.

She brought me back some very delicious looking macarons from Nice. I luv macarons! And a huge bag of herbes de Provence from Provence! I can hardly contain myself.

And my In-N-Out cheeseburger was soooo yummy and worth the very long wait.

.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Correction. I kicked my rolly carry-on bag against the back of her knees; three times. She never turned around to confront me. Mommy