Especially if them are vampire/werewolf obsessed fans.
Emphasis on obsessed.
And oh, did I mention that I know at least 5 people who are beyond (yes, beyond) obsessed.
With what else, but Twilight.
Even Nordstrom has Twilight merchandise and such. Nordstrom! How could you? Anything for a buck. And Bath and Body Works? Woods scent? That is "inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods. Twilight Woods is a complex blend of apricot nectar, mimosa petals and Tuscan cypress", says the website. Apricot. Petals. Tuscany. Seriously? Well, I guess I can't say much...my fav scent is Nectarine & Honey Blossom. But come on...that's legit...right? Sort of? Ignore the price. The things I do to smell like a nectarine.
I sort of always dismissed this whole Twilight silliness because I make it a rule to avoid anything having to do with teenage luv stories...especially tortured teenage luv stories. And the whole vampire/werewolf thing was just more than I could handle. I know, I know. I sound like a cold, hearted...ahem...well you know the rest. But...I will admit to seeing the movie, which wasn't too terrible. Yeah, there were parts that really confused me until the end...like Edward's crinkly nose reaction to Bella when she first enters class. I thought she just smelled funky. But apparently, vampires are suckers (haha...suckers...) for human smell, or as I was educated today, strawberry shampoo. Right. Strawberry shampoo. That explains everything.
And, what is the deal with this Edward character? He's in serious need of a tan...or some color. The receptionist at my work describes it as "bringing out the crazy 14-year-old girl in you". Sounds great. And here's where it gets even weirder. Everyone obsessed with Edward is obsessed with the book Edward. The completely fictional character!
But even after the movie watching, I'm still kinda ehhh about it. The Twilighters I know tell me that I must must read the book. "I was just like you, Clarice...until...I read the book."
Intriguing.
So, I decided that I'd give this book a try and sampled an excerpt I found online. The strawberry shampoo incident.
I didn't look up as I set my book on the table and took my seat, but I saw his posture change from the corner of my eye. He was leaning away from me, sitting on the extreme edge of his chair and averting his face like he smelled something bad. Inconspicuously, I sniffed my hair. It smelled like strawberries, the scent of my favorite shampoo. It seemed an innocent enough odor. I let my hair fall over my right shoulder, making a dark curtain between us, and tried to pay attention to the teacher.
Hmm...I wonder what's on the Food Network.
But as a side note, I do enjoy the soundtrack. A lot.
1 comment:
Umm, these "5 people" you know who are obsessed.....he he....I wouldn't be one of them, would I? He he....
Post a Comment