Monday, December 15, 2008

Shopping Actually

And it's about time, too!

Tonight's shopping session with Jeannie was pleasantly productive and can be summed up in four categories:

1. The Good: Jo Malone Fragrance

This stuff is amazing. Everything here is alcohol free and made from natural essential oils, which makes the store smell like a botanical garden.

The Purchase: Nectarine Blossom and Honey. It even sounds yummy!



The packaging portion of my shopping experience was by far the most entertaining. It was like tissue, box, ribbon, bow, more tissue, a couple sprays of fragrance, bag, another bow. Sort of reminded me of a certain scene in a certain movie. If you're a fan of Love Actually, I'm sure you'll recall this scene.

2. The Bad: Benefit Cosmetic's "The Overnighter"



So this little kit contains a pair of underwear (lacy, according to the box) and some lip gloss. Who gives this sort of gift? And to who? And why?

3. The Ugly: Kiss of Death boots

Leave it to Ed Hardy.




4. The Misunderstood: The Proliferation of Flannel

Flannel count: 5. 2 chicks, 3 dudes. The girls were by far the most misunderstood...flannel jackets with fur-lined hoodies. I stared. Unapologetically.

The one downside to shopping was that I missed basketball. Not that the Lakers played...but apparently Paul Pierce had yet another near-Emmy award winning performance.



You know...seeing this gives me this strange sense of de ja vu. As if, I have perhaps seen this before. Let me think...where have I seen this....hmm....ohhhh yeah...Game 1 of the playoffs! How bout that.



Look familiar? I knew I've seen that feigned wince of pain just 6 months earlier. Unlike AI, it seems that Paul Pierce knows the value of practice. In fact, he'll have you believe he's so G that he shows up to the press conference with no ice on the knee, saying he should be "alright". Hmm...what a surprise.

No comments: