Because right now there is nothing more unmotivating than studying motivational theory.
Seriously. Nothing.
There's just too many theories to memorize/study/remember. Aunty's (my professor) study guide reads like the menu at The Cheesecake Factory. Way too many choices, with non-indicative names and all sort of similar. Like, how you can order mashed potatoes with just about anything and everything. What the heck is "Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp"? And "Pasta Da Vinci"? "Luau Salad" always gets me. The only salads we have at luaus is of the mac variety.
If only motivational theory read as interestingly as that menu. But we do have some rather umm...interesting reading.
- "Administer rewards with valence - carrot must be tasty".
Hmm...carrot must be tasty...can I reference that on the midterm as a theory?
- "If you hear people saying things like, 'I hate this place,' you don't have to look any further to know that negative reinforcement in present."
Amazingly profound.
- "And sometimes, there is nothing to positively reinforce. If the best you can come up with is, 'You have a neat, clean desk', you may have a performer in serious need of negative reinforcement."
How about that. You mean, it isn't enough to have a neat desk?
- "Whether dealing with monkeys, rats or human beings..."
I don't know what the rest of the article is about. I stopped reading at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment