Sunday, October 12, 2008

Perfectly Plums!

I love Plums Cafe! And, lucky for you...I remembered to take pictures!



Berry Belgian Waffle!!! The berries were so perfectly ripe, sweet and juicy! And the whipped cream is even better in the very strong coffee! In fact, so strong, "it's like crack!" quote the waitress.



Eggs Benedict with Santa Fe Hollandaise. I'm pretty sure hollandaise makes everything creamy and delish...but it works especially well here with the peppered ham.



Crab and asparagus omelet! The eggs were incredibly light, fluffy and buttery! The crab and asparagus were both sweet and yummy!



Only in the OC. Is it sad that I'm not the least bit surprised?

This is my 3rd visit to Plums...and I still cannot bear to venture away from the Berry Waffle! It's seriously that wonderful! Luckily, Jeannie is kind enough to order something savory so we can share the taste experience.

After brunch, it was time to handle some business: removing my car's window tint. Sigh. And of course the only tint place open on a Sunday is in Westminster! But for $2o, I can't complain. I contemplated DIY-ing it...until I read the online instructions, and then I was highly discouraged! Something about a warm sunny day...a clothes steamer, windex, trash bags, tarps and a razor blade. And then they tell me it's going to take half a day! Seeing as how it was already 1pm, I decided to give the tint place a whirl.

Well...this place was...interesting. And, you can imagine my surprise when it took them literally 10 minutes to remove the tint! Guess they don't use the DIY Network. But, at least it's done!



This is the place! Please note the mounted animal heads in the far left.

On a side note, I'm going to Seattle for Thanksgiving! And I would love to hear your suggestions for eating/sightseeing!

And most importantly, a huge thank you to Ashlyn for naming that herb! :)

1 comment:

Maryn said...

OMG. No joke. Brian's coworker just took a picture of some OC dude at a stoplight literally two days ago - this guy's Fletcher Jones convertible's license plate read "I CLOSE." EWWWW! Maybe he and "OC HOTTIE" need to meet somewhere over on the Harbor. Like Sharky's or Malarky's.