Monday, September 1, 2008

Cupcake-palooza = Monday Funday

Yes, I realize it's actually Sunday Funday.

But Maryn's cupcake extravaganza was today and not Sunday...thus Monday Funday! Maryn along with Betty White graciously hosted the event (thanks again!), and Joni, Karen, Jenny and I were pastry sous chefs. The cupcakes are plentiful and delish, but the espresso frosting was the all-around crowd fav. Truth be told, I'm not the biggest frosting fan, but this frosting is that good; not cloying sweet or stiff, but perfectly creamy, glossy and rich.

Here is our beauty mini cuppy-cake.


Prior to cupcaking, Jeannie (roomie), after some light coercion, accompanied me to turbo kickboxing! Yay! I don't know how many fellow TKB'ers there are out there, but I have to give her credit because this round (round 34) is a little more complicated than the others, and she stayed the whole time and did really well! I think I may have another convert. Mike...you're next!

And as a finishing touch to Monday Funday...a new episode of The Hills, and what an episode it was! Next week...Vegas!

And now, for some what the heck Hills-ism quotes...

"How do you want to be dumped?"
- LC to Whitney regarding hottie Doug...LC, please, do you not have eyes??

"Can we talk about us being naked?"
- Brody to LC over dinner...please you two, that ship has sailed.

"She [She-Pratt's rodent pet] used to be a hamster, but now she's a guinea pig"
- She-Pratt to LC...even the She-Pratt and LC shared a wtf look after she said this

"You've been wayyy too nice to me"
- LC breaking up with hottie Doug...LC, stop ruining it for girls everywhere. You dump a guy because he's too nice to you??? Wow, what a crime.

In other tv news, The Amazing Race Season 12 starts this Weds on the Travel Channel.

And finally a beet update, if you're in the neighborhood Whole Foods has two beet salads...one with red beets and another with golden beets. Yum!

No comments: