While driving to the game watch at Sharkeez on Newport Blvd, I caught a glimpse of the CeFiore store. Seeing as how this has been on my to-eat list for some time now, I made a note to have some on the way back. Well, we all know how great (and by great, I mean embarrassingly horrible) I am with directions, and so of course I got on Balboa Blvd as opposed to Newport Blvd, and then drove around aimlessly for 10 minutes. But iPhone came to my rescue once again and pointed me in the right direction.
CeFiore is a cute, contemporary frozen yogurt place, similar to Pinkberry, complete with yummy toppings and overly modern decor (spinning table tops??), but I'd choose CeFiore over Pinkberry any day.
Why, you ask? Several reasons, actually. But here are the top 5.
5. Flavor Variety: CeFiore has 5 flavors...plain, green tea, raspberry-pomegranate, acai berry and chocolate. Pinkberry has 2...well actually 1 flavor. The green tea flavor is inedible.
4. Toppings: CeFiore and Pinkberry offer basically the same toppings, but the mangos I had at CeFiore were sooo ripe and juicy. The mango at Pinkberry is usually dry, which is why I never get mango there, despite it's status as my favorite tropical fruit.
3. Stamp Cards: CeFiore has them, and Pinkberry doesn't. Who doesn't love stamp cards?
2. Flavor Combos: CeFiore allows you to mix your yogurt, so you can get 2 flavors per cup. Pinkberry...no way. I made the mistake of asking, and the lady gave me stink eye.
1. Mmm...waffles: CeFiore makes belgian waffles, which you can top with frozen yogurt and toppings!!!
I had the raspberry-pomegranate yogurt with mangos, which I will admit did not taste of raspberry or pomegranate, but it was still very good. It was slightly tart with a subtle berry-ish, fruity taste. I also really enjoyed the texture of the CeFiore yogurt...it's really thick like Pinkberry.
I only with they had mini gummi bears, like Yogurtland. I can't really compare it to Yogurtland because I think they are a little different. I see CeFiore for light snacking, but if you want a frozen yogurt coma, then Yogurtland is still your best bet. Mmm...mini gummi bears!!!
2 comments:
I forgot to mention that they are making beet ice cream on Iron Chef America!
It is on my high priority list to try CeFiore ASAP! Belgian waffles with frozen yogurt and toppings? A. MAZ. ING.
Post a Comment