It's official! I love Sunday brunch! I know that's so very haole of me...but what's not to like? Brunch is always at the perfect time with the perfect pairing of savory, sweet and coffee. This Sunday, Jeannie (roomie) and I went to Plum's Cafe in Costa Mesa. The decor is cute and clean, with pictures of landscapes that hint at the northwest. Sorry for the lack of visuals, but picture taking was the very last thing on my mind when our food arrived. Jeannie had the eggs benedict (yay for hollandaise!), and I had the very berry waffle, emphasis on the very berry! The highlight was the huge dollop of sweetened whipped cream, which tasted even better in my coffee. Plum's also passed the required iced tea test: the ginger-peach iced tea...so refreshing and slightly fruity.
Jeannie was a little late to work, but that's ok because it was her birthday brunch. We formally celebrated on Saturday with margaritas, bbq, pool and cake. Here's the party peeps!

James (bf) and Erwin (Jeannie's bf and Chef du Jour)

Prasanth and Kandyce: Prasanth was such a trooper for coming done despite his bum knee

Linz and me...we don't see enough of her!

Jeannie: birthday girl (roomie, brunch buddy)

Rob (Lindsey's bf): the birthday boy. His face is a little flushed...perhaps like a beet??
On a beet note: Trader Joe's sells pre-cooked baby beets! Perfect for the impromptu salad!
3 comments:
umm interesting blog site. though i do got to say, i didn't see a single beet on saturday. you could have spread your beet love to so many people. missed opportunity.
OH!! I LOVE Brunch!! It's the best thing to do on any given Sunday! Perhaps the BBC can venture out for a Sunday brunch one of these days...yummmm
prasanth, i didn't realize i could convert you over to the beet side! be prepared for the next time i see you!
Post a Comment