Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And so it begins

First official day of MBA school...so that's 1 day down, countless more to go?

Highlights:

- Food man agreed to bring more reduced fat, low-cal dressing
- Brunch (my new favorite topic) discussions
- Econ professor has a vineyard of Syrah and Zinfandel!
- Snacking on gummi bears
- Watching others snack on gummi bears

Lowlights:

- Navigating through hedges to and from the parking lot
- Missing Project Runway

Accounting professor is an attorney...haven't decided how I feel about that yet.

Starting school today made me think of all my other first days of school, and I must be getting old because I can't remember any of them! The one thing I do remember is that I took the bus on my first day to Wailuku Elementary with my neighbor...Shane Kiyonaga. I can't believe my mom made me take the bus to school on my first day of kindergarden! Who does that?

In beet news, some of you have informed me that you are not sure what a beet looks like!!! Please see below for a picture.



Aren't they wonderful? But, be sure to peel them before you eat them. The tops are also edible, and are similar to swiss chard. I think tops would be good if sauteed and added to pasta and tossed with black pepper and some shaved Parmigiano , or just eaten as a side.

2 comments:

Maryn said...

I will agree that watching "others" snacking on gummi bears can be extremely amusing...particularly when the "other" gets really big eyes while snacking on gummi bears...

claricespieces said...

haha! i couldn't agree more! gummi torture is sad, but amusing.