What I absolutely love about southern California is the lack of seasonality. It's either cold, chilly or warm...with just a handful of days being icy cold or steamy hot. And with the days being longer, everything is starting to feel the teeniest bit summery. Which means I need to do something about these legs!
So I picked up a copy of Fitness magazine because an article with a promise of a 21 day transformation. The thing that prevents me from getting into the workout magazines is that you need lots of gym equipment for the exercises. You need a ball, one of those half balls, a medicine ball, a stretchy cord thing, etc, etc, etc. And they show their models happily doing these workouts on the beach, in a park or in their homes. Really? I mean....realllyyyyy? Could they make working out any more difficult?
But this time, I had an idea. Instead of buying a 6 lb medicine ball...I decided to use my little Dutch oven instead.
Without the lid, of course. It weighs in at a hefty 7lbs. So I've been using this little puppy to do my lunges, squats and whatever else is involved in this transformation. Ahem, "transformation". As I read more into the article, it said that I have to do 30 minutes of cardio per day and 2 sets of 8-12 reps of each exercise. Hmmm...doable. That's just week one! By week 3, this crazy magazine wants me doing 60 minutes of cardio and 2 sets of 20 reps of each exercise. When am I going to have time to eat??
Needless to say, the transformation will take longer than 21 days, but at least I found another use for my Dutch oven. And I can do my little exercises at home while watching my March Madness games. I have a bracket to keep an eye on.

1 comment:
did you really use a pot as exercise equipment?
Post a Comment