So the last time I was talking about the cupcake craze, I was telling you how I was over it. And how I've only had one overpriced cupcake that really made me want to take another bite. I'm here to say that I was wrong, but happily so since this totally awesome cupcake bakery is right in LA.
I heard about Crumbs as I was food researching NY. And it sounded amazing. The flavors were so inventive! And they even had flavors based on candy! Like Reece's Peanut Butter Cup! Yum! But as anyone that has been to NY will tell you, there are simply not enough meals in a day to eat every amazing taste the city has to offer. It's just not possible. Sniff. Needless to say, that while I saw the Crumbs shop, we were just too stuffed silly after our lunch at Hale and Hearty Soup to eat another bite.
But as it turns out, Crumbs is not only in NY, and is in fact here in California! And I was lucky enough to be the recipient of one of their heavenly cupcakes.
Coconut cupcake!
These are totally amazing. The crumb texture is fluffy and light and not too sweet. And the frosting is creamy and soft. Not like the unnaturally hardened buttercreams you may find at other cupcake shops. And because the cupcake was so light, it didn't feel like a heavy snack. Absolutely the perfect cupcake!
Crumbs


1 comment:
Ooh how exciting! I think there's one on Little Santa Monica, just down the street from Sprinkles - bleh.
Post a Comment