Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting Old(er)

About this time last night, I had a massive headache.  Not like one of those little in-the-back-of-your-head headaches either.  This was one of those throbbing ones that you think should have gone away 15 minutes ago since you took 2 Advil.  And the worst part is that this was a post-drinking headache.  The kind that you should get after countless drinks and indiscriminate shots and bad decisions.  But really, it was after a couple shots of vodka, a Coors Light and 1 vodka 7-Up and a basket of chicken tenders and fries. 

A couple years ago, I wouldn't even consider that above mentioned run down as "drinking", but there I was sprawled out on the couch last night wondering why I agreed to drink warm vodka in the afternoon.  I proceeded to lament to my sister, my younger sister, but she quickly stopped me, saying that she didn't want to hear about what it's like being old.  I told her about my drinking and bad eating habits that day, and how I was detoxing myself on water and veggies.

And then I told her when I kneeled down, my legs hurt.  Hopefully that's another side effect of the alcohol...and not age.

No comments: