Oh Dr. Scholls Fast Flats! Where were you on Saturday? I could have totally used you!
Maybe then, my right foot would have been spared a gigantic blister. But, I guess that's what happens when you run down Hollywood Blvd barefoot like a two cent hooker. Shoes in one hand, purse in the other. Confusing tourists everywhere.
This was the culmination of a very busy Saturday afternoon en route to The Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages Theater. Long story short, I had to meet some dude who I sold my tickets to on eBay. And of course, a very crucial part of Hollywood Blvd was closed. Of course. And seeing how I was supposed to meet him at 1:45, and it was 1:45 (the show was at 2) while I was sitting on Highland attempting to turn left on Hollywood, I was a teeny bit stressed. And not thinking clearly.
So I did the only logical, and by logical, I mean desperate thing: I got out of the car and decided to walk to Vine. Initially, Vine did not look too terribly far from Highland (this is where the not thinking clearly part comes in), and I thought that perhaps my foot mobile would be faster than an actual automobile. After walking past the first cross street, it became alarmingly apparent that Vine was in fact much further than anticipated. Like 3/4 of a mile.
Gulp. So I did the next logical thing a desperate person would do. I started running. In my black flat Steve Madden shoes. Which would be somewhat conducive to running (somewhat), except for the fact that they are 1/2 a size too big. So in keeping with my theme of desperation, I did the obvious thing...which was to take my shoes off.
And keep running. Obviously. So I ran. Down Hollywood Blvd, barefoot...very much the way a two-cent hooker runs from her pimp I would imagine. And I would only imagine this because I'm fairly certain this is what the pedestrians were imagining. Because this was not your morning jog type of run, it was more of a beep-beep-out-of-my-way kind of sprint. Purse in one hand. Shoes in the other. A good look, really.
But not for my little toesies. Quite the contrary. Now I know why Mommy never liked us going around barefoot. Harashi as she would say. And so while I spent the better part of Sunday limping around, I did manage to make it over to Target, where I spied those Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats!
To think, this could have all been avoided. I'm now taking a pair with me everywhere.

1 comment:
I've been eyeing those too! You should definitely get some and let me know if they're crap or not.
Post a Comment