In Irvine!
As soon as I heard about this "food truck rally", we were off to Irvine Lanes for some sampling. I felt a little unprepared when we arrived because many people came prepared for the feasting complete with picnic blankets and chairs. Chairs! Why didn't I think of that?
Of the 5 or 6 trucks there, we decided on 3, Lomo Arigato, a Peruvian/Japanese truck, Dogzilla, a fancy hot dog truck and Tropical Shave Ice. At Lomo Arigato, we tried the Lomo Saltado, which is like a beef stir fry made better with the addition of delicious french fries. Rice, french fries and beef. Needless to say, it was a tasty combo. Next was the Dogzilla dog complete with grilled onions, avocado and their special sauce. The hot dog comes in between a split King's Hawaiian sweet roll, which was my very favorite part of the whole thing. Even though we waited forever and a day for this little dog, it was my favorite thing of the night.
We waited so long for this little hot dog that we took it home to eat. I think the couch improved its appeal.
While we waited for the hot dog, we had some shave ice to pass the time.
Mango and strawberry shave ice with vanilla ice cream and condensed milk. The ice was very soft and melty, but I wasn't really impressed with the syrup quality. And I kinda wish there was more condensed milk. Get Shaved truck wins for sure. And the fact that it survived the trip from the Valley to Irvine gives it even more street cred.
Overall, Wednesday food truck rally was fun and delicious! Another reason to look forward to Wednesdays...besides the fact that there's no class.
No comments:
Post a Comment