For the week, I mean.
Because at this time tomorrow, I'll be here:
View Larger Map
(Squeal!)
And later here:
View Larger Map
Ok...well on an island sorta close to that Blue Hole.
But before that, I have a fridge to clean out. Ahem...I mean had...because it's so completely emptied out. Makes me kinda sad for the lack of food. But happy for wiping down the shelves. It's been a mixed bag of emotions.
And not a shortage of eating.
There was a half cup of blueberries. So, blueberry ricotta muffins on Saturday.
Just when you thought it was all about ricotta pancakes. It's even better in muffins. I took a blueberry muffin recipe and subbed out the sour cream for ricotta. So light and springy.
A bag full of mini eggplant.
Which was broiled and dressed for marinated eggplant.
5 giant tomatoes became an arrabiata sauce with homemade pasta. Note, the pasta cutter is helpful to avoid the ultra rustic look...as seen below.
But who doesn't like rustic?
And last night, I was left with a half pint of cherry tomatoes and 2 ears of white corn.
Salads are the perfect thing for random veggie binges.
As is pizza. Even when you let your dough languish and dry out in the fridge because you forgot to cover it with a damp towel. Proof that pizza really is the perfect food.
But with any luck, for the next week and a half, I'll be stuffing myself silly with this.
Did I mention my unhealthy obsession with tamales?
1 comment:
Have a fabulous trip! Homemade pasta looks bomb.
Post a Comment