Not reality tv. Cupcakes are about sprinkles and happiness. And gum drops and marshamallows.
Not bickering sister rivalry.
Ok, DC Cupcake?
Normally, I would dismiss of shows such as this and this with a click of the remote, but on a Friday night before finals, I was desparate for an excuse to not do my PowerPoint slides. Boredom by reality cupcake tv seemed so much more appealing than boredom by PowerPoint.
And well, DC Cupcake you say? I mean, this couldn't be the adorable little Georgetown Cupcake shop I visited and luved and raved about last summer? Could it?? **Note: the berry lemon cupcake is from Georgetown Cupcake in DC**
It could. And it was. And I was devastated. The image I had of this adorably quaint cupcake chop with huge picture windows, pillowy cupcakes and decorative cake stands was totally crushed. Destroyed. Demolished.
What I didn't know was that this cupcake shop is owned and run by two sisters, Katie and Sophie and the mom "Mommy". And Katie and Sophie do not get a long. Like, you would think that it is impossible to fight around cupcakes. I mean, how could you?
Well, apparently, quite easily. This isn't the episode I tuned into last night, which involved a potted plant of cupcake flowers, a fire truck made of cupcakes and best/worst of all a sibling baking show down.
I was pretty turned off when sister's best fire fighter customer Rodney comes in and asks Katie to give him some baking lessons. Just as this happens, big sister Sophie steps in and proclaims herself the better baker and more apt to teach fire fighter Rodney. And well. The baking show down begins.
Katie bakes her banana split cupcakes and Sophie bakes up a batch of campfire cupcakes. And I think we all know that banana split - whatever always wins. Always. No toasted marshmallow topped cupcake can stand a chance against a banana cupcake filled with ganache and topped with a cream cheese frosting, salted peanuts and a cherry. Come on, Sophie...people get faint just hearing about cream cheese frosting. No one eats carrot cake for the carrots. I'm just sayin.
But Sophie was of course adamant that she would win and trash talked her way through the competition. Well, they both did. It's part of being sisters.
And in the end, (yes, I watched til the end), Katie (banana split cupcake) triumphed. 5-0. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
And just like that, I watched my little Georgetown Cupcake that I luved in my memory faded away into this ridiculous sibling rivalry, customer drama and someone eating the caramel off the cupcake.
I wish reality tv would just stay out of my cupcakes.
1 comment:
I think the entire show is totally scripted and F.A.K.E.
Post a Comment