I've always had a huge thing for cheeseburgers. And by thing, I mean unhealthy obsession. I love them. And everything about them. Anytime I see something to the tune of "1/2 lb of natural beef patty"...I just go to pieces. I have no explanation for this burger weakness except for the fact that my mom constantly ate cheeseburgers when she was pregnant with me...cheeseburgers, ice cream and Mexican food, to be exact. She stuffed herself silly with pineapple when she was pregnant with my sister, and now Nicole can't get enough of the stuff. If only she decided to go healthy a few years earlier.
Incidentally, I've never had access to a grill to grill my own cheeseburgers. I do own a grill pan, which is a terrible substitute for an actual grill. I know those folks on tv say that you can substitute a grill pan...this is completely not true. Grill pan grill marks does not equal grilled deliciousness. There is no substituting charcoal. Get a grill.
Mmm...toasty bun! These super juicy cheeseburgers are courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa and are seasoned with Dijon mustard, her suggestion, but whole grain (highly recommended) was used as well as fresh thyme leaves. And of course, arugula!
Don't be put off with the 80% beef. You can offset it with a refreshing tomato salad.
This tomato salad was spicy and lemony, and the perfect side for the burgers.
The recipe is actually for little sliders...but how could you not buy these buns?
Seriously. How awesome.
About 20 minutes after eating my 1.5 cheeseburgers, I had a few scoops of vanilla and hazelnut gelato. Cheeseburgers and gelato! I can't think of a more lovely dinner.




No comments:
Post a Comment