I had this fabulous idea yesterday that we could have a study lunch. Corn chowder, Chicken Caesar sandwiches and cream cheese swirl brownies for Mike. Truth is, I owe this dude for putting up with my drunken antics one happy hour a couple quarters back. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say that it involved a couple shots of Crown...among other things. Sleeping on a bench inside a pho restaurant. Wanting to sleep on the pavement outside the bar. And some kicking. You get the idea.
And here's the lunch part of the "working lunch".
XXX Vitamin Water courtesy of Mike.
Sandwich close up. Look at that yummy wild arugula.
Corn chowder. The cobs make it extra corny. And help to thicken the soup.
Brownies before a trip to the oven. And yes, those are raspberries. It is summer, after all.
Finished brownies. Super fudgy.
And some sparkling lunch conversation...about what else...basketball.
M: I'm torn about this first draft pick. I think the Clippers should trade it off for some one else.
C: Like who?
M: I'm tired of Baron Davis.
C: Ha! Well..I think your Clippers are interested in Griffin.
M: I'm not convinced about him. We have a great team tho!
C: (silence, stares, blinks)
M: What?? We do! Why does everyone look at me like I'm a dumbass when I say that! We just need a training camp.
C: Umm... (insert your fav Clipper joke here)
Study minutes count: 0
Bottleneck seems to be at eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment